No Frills Club Constitution
1) The Club shall be known as NO FRILLS NETWORKING CLUB
2) Objectives – The objectives of the club shall be to provide not-for-profit, open forum
affordable networking and to provide and encourage opportunities for inter-trading between
members in an informal ‘no pressure’ environment.
3) Membership – Membership is open to anyone with an interest in business and who attends a
monthly meeting. Individuals wishing to remove membership can do so by contacting the
4) Honorary members – The Committee shall have the power, if it deems in the best interest of
the Club, to appoint honorary members.
5) Committee – The Club shall be managed by a Committee of Members who shall remain in
Office for a two year term. At each Annual General Meeting (AGM) there shall be
elected a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the Club (hereinafter
called the Executive Officers) and other Committee Members. Subject to termination
or resignation or otherwise, the Committee shall remain in office until the completion
of the next AGM following their election. The Committee shall have the power with
the consent of any member to co-opt them onto the Committee. The retiring
Executive Officers shall be eligible for re-election. Nominations for Executive Officers
must reach the Secretary at least 7 days prior to the commencement of the Annual
6) Fees – There will be no annual subscription and any person attending will automatically be
deemed a member. Monthly meetings fees will be determined by the Committee, as will fees
for any events or social activities.
7) Discipline – The Committee shall have the power to expel any member if their conduct shall,
in the opinion of the Committee, render them unfit for membership of the Club. Examples
that may bring about such expulsion shall include
a) Aggressive networking
b) Aggressive Sales
c) Disparaging remarks about No Frills Networking
d) Disparaging remarks about another member
e) Bullying or harassment
f) Behaviours which are not inclusive of all members
Before such a member is expelled the Chair or Secretary shall give them seven days written
notice to attend a meeting of the Committee and shall inform them of the complaint(s) made
against them. No member shall be expelled without first having the opportunity of appearing
before the Committee and answering complaints against them, nor unless two thirds of the
Committee who are present vote in favour of their expulsion. No member whose
membership has been terminated under this constitution or who owes money to the Club
shall attend any meeting or be introduced by any other member as a visitor or guest to any
meeting of the Club.
8) Constitution – The Committee shall have the power to alter the Constitution. However, no
such alteration shall take effect until the same has been confirmed at the AGM or at a Special
General Meeting convened for the purpose.
9) By-Laws – The Committee shall have the power to make By-Laws for regulating the conduct
and affairs of the Club providing the same are not inconsistent with the Constitution.
10) Annual General Meetings (AGM) – NFN shall hold every year, during the month of April, an
Annual General Meeting to transact the following business:
b) To receive and approve a statement of the Club’s accounts for the previous year.
c) To consider and, if approved, to sanction, any duly made alteration to the Constitution
d) To appoint Executive Officers.
e) To appoint Committee Members.
f) To deal with any special matter which the Committee desire to bring before the
membership and to receive any instructions from members for consideration by the
g) Notice, via email, convening the Annual General Meeting shall be sent to all members
not less than 14 days and shall specify the matters to be dealt with.
11) Special General Meetings – A Special General Meeting may be convened at any time by the
Committee and shall be convened within 28 days from receipt of a requisition signed by not
less than one third of the members specifying the object of the meeting for any of the
a) To consider and, if approved, sanction any duly made alteration to the Constitution.
b) To deal with any special matter which the Committee may desire to place before the
members including the expulsion of a member.
c) To receive the resignation of the Committee or to remove any member or members
from office or fill any vacancy or vacancies caused thereby.
d) To deal with any special matter which the members requiring the meeting desire to
place before the Club.
e) Notice convening a Special General Meeting shall be sent to all members not less
than 21 days before the meeting and shall specify the matters to be dealt with.
f) Any position becoming vacant on the Committee should be available to all members.
12) Presiding Officer –The Chairman or Vice Chairman shall preside and they shall have a casting
vote in the event of equality of votes.
13) Quorum – At Committee meetings, three of the Committee Members shall form a quorum of
which two must be Executive Officers of the NFN.
14) Bank Accounts – Bank accounts shall be maintained in the name of the club. The names of
the persons to sign cheques shall be authorised by a resolution of the Committee and a
mandate given to the bank accordingly. A copy of such resolution must be signed by the
Chairman at the time. All monies held in the NFN bank account will be used to cover
expenses and any remaining monies will be used for social events for its members, either
subsidised or in full.
15) Discontinuance of the Club – If NFN is discontinued, the balance in the accounts, after all
expenses have been paid, shall be given to a charity or charities nominated by the last
16) Communication – Members will receive communication of events, news and NFN matters via
meeting announcements, emails, website updates and social media. Members are
encouraged to review all forums to ensure they are up to date with NFN news.